It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 6:00 am

Talk about being robbed 
World XV Player

Post Re: Talk about being robbed
Quote:
I think the only thing that Hansen and Henry have brough tot eh side is a bit of self-belief, which has had a positive effect (results breed results).

Eh, the Kiwis, needing self belief? I cant see that, hardly a team low on self belief or winning culture.

Quote:
It worked with Wales for Henry (for a while) but he was then found wanting, SCW worked out what to do and did it often enough against Wales, once he's sussed NZ, he'll probably do the same to them

Thats what SCW does best, thats why his team is world champions.

He needs to assess his own teams strengths and decide how best to adapt them to attack the oppositions weaknesses. Once this All black team has finished its transition I dont believe it will have much in the way of weakness, ditto the Springboks.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Evening fids, So you don't think Henry ----Hansen, will be gentle with us then???? Thought it a good game too, thought the back row of the SA very good, Playing the ref is a sign of a good play is it not fids?? I've just finished watching the second half as I missed it this morning, I believe the All Blacks got out of jail, Give these SA another season to gel and they will be the isde to beat me thinks. :wink:

Hi Dai, I think All Blacks are deeper into transition than the Springboks, I dont think the Kiwis full strenths shoewed thorugh today, they played a larger part of their game with their weaker aspects.

Its gonna be a hard 4 years for the Aussies!

Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

It was a fantastic game to watch, but the Bokke should have been carded off the park. It is easy to make a rushing defence look good when you have a 2 yard head start on the ball.

They killed the ball constantly at every ruck. I think it is ridiculous that a ref should even consider shouting 'hands off green' more than once! I got sick of hearing the *fupping* words 'hanbds off green' I am going to be saying it in my sleep!

I did wonder if Henry/Hanson have coached out the flair, but When i sat back I realised that it was a case of whatever game plan they adopted, it was ruined by the offside rush defence, and the prevention of rapid recycling through the phases.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Hi Dai, I think All Blacks are deeper into transition than the All Blacks, I dont think the Kiwis full strenths shoewed thorugh today, they played a larger part of their game with their weaker aspects.

The All Blacks are deeper in transition than the All Blacks?

Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:

Hi Dai, I think All Blacks are deeper into transition than the All Blacks, I dont think the Kiwis full strenths shoewed thorugh today, they played a larger part of their game with their weaker aspects.

The All Blacks are deeper in transition than the All Blacks?

Oops, I was distracted, sorry

Ive edited it now, the All Blacks are deeper in transition thatn the Springboks.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Welcome back to Blighty Fids

:alien: :lol: :alien:

Assalaamu alykum (peace be on you)

Yeah just finished some very basic language training prior to going in mid August.

I read the original post and thought Shinu Haadha (whats this)??

The boks got away with murder (well taken tries though, No3 was a peach). This AB's team hasn't even started yet. I really believe in Graham henry and this is the job he's always wanted. When he said "I'm going to caoch Wales and I'm leaving tonight" this was his goal. My personal advice is we'd better all watch out for the AB's in the next few years.

They beat a very good cheating side today, how many sides could do that against the Aussies and indeed England (not tht they cheat but they push the envelope a bit)??

I think we're in for a bit total AB domination once they truely bed in.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:48 pm
World XV Player

I think we're in for a bit total AB domination once they truely bed in.

Yep I completely agree

Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

It was a fantastic game to watch, but the Bokke should have been carded off the park. It is easy to make a rushing defence look good when you have a 2 yard head start on the ball.

They killed the ball constantly at every ruck. I think it is ridiculous that a ref should even consider shouting 'hands off green' more than once! I got sick of hearing the *kissying* words 'hanbds off green' I am going to be saying it in my sleep!

I did wonder if Henry/Hanson have coached out the flair, but When i sat back I realised that it was a case of whatever game plan they adopted, it was ruined by the offside rush defence, and the prevention of rapid recycling through the phases.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:53 am
World XV Player

They killed the ball constantly at every ruck. I think it is ridiculous that a ref should even consider shouting 'hands off green' more than once! I got sick of hearing the *kissying* words 'hanbds off green' I am going to be saying it in my sleep!

(apologies for blank reply above - senility is an awful thing Cynthia !)

My sentiments entirely, no sour grapes, Burger and co have taken breakdown coniving into an art form that makes George Smith look like Christopher Robin ! :alien:

Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:55 am
REF

CymraegJanner wrote:
...Eh, the Kiwis, needing self belief? I cant see that, hardly a team low on self belief or winning culture.....

If I'm not mistaken, they lost out in the WC (to the Aussies!) with pretty much the same side as they have now. They didn't win the Tri-Nations last year(?). In terms of their usual high standards they were probably seeingthemselves as really under performing! They did sack the last coach didn't they? Or at least they failed to re-appoint him.

Henry has been put in, has given them some self-belief, told them they are the best, and hey presto, they beat England, The Aussies, the Pacific Islanders and SA (luckily). Once this run of self-belief runs out there'll be nothing left in the bag of tricks.

I can see the ABs being on top for about a year or maybe two. Once the other top nations have sussed them out, that will be that.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:55 pm
World XV Player

Steve Trow wrote:
CymraegJanner wrote:
...Eh, the Kiwis, needing self belief? I cant see that, hardly a team low on self belief or winning culture.....

!) with pretty much the same side as they have now. etc etc ... .

I don't think it's Henry conning them, I think he has fundamentally changed their approach from a 15 side attacking machine to a side that has a stronger by the match forward platform. The scrum is much more powerful (grace a là Dai perhaps?), the 'gut' instinct is more obvious (Robinson who was not playing yesterday personifies that), Jack is now playing to his full potential, Hola is pushing McCaw, Carter is maturing by the match ....lovely problems to have eh ?

I would, howver, agree that they have problems at half back .. Marshall doesent have many games left, Spencer when targetted looks vulnerable atc....

But,.... ignore them at your peril I say....

Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:06 pm