It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:11 am

Talk about being robbed 
World XV Player

Post Talk about being robbed
I can't believe that the Kiwis just beat the Boks in the Tri Nations. The Boks looked awesome, but how on earth did the Kiwis snatch that game. The Boks must be gutted, they scored 3 tries to 1, their aggressive defence was simply awesome and they were leading for the entire game until the last minute Kiwi try. The Kiwis were completely nullified until the very last move of the game, sport can be so cruel sometimes.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:47 am
Profile WWW
REF

But spot on to the Kiwis for keeping within winning distance! Well done GH & SH!

PS: Sometimes the rush defence can work........

Twitter & Facebook

Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:17 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

I watched some and if the AB's kept going to the end good on them.

Its an 80 minute game after all.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:29 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: Talk about being robbed
Graham Roberts wrote:
I can't believe that the Kiwis just beat the Boks in the Tri Nations. The Boks looked awesome, but how on earth did the Kiwis snatch that game. The Boks must be gutted, they scored 3 tries to 1, their aggressive defence was simply awesome and they were leading for the entire game until the last minute Kiwi try. The Kiwis were completely nullified until the very last move of the game, sport can be so cruel sometimes.
Agree Graham, SA must be kicking themselves, although the AB had most of the possession SA played very well.

I must also give credit to their coach, who almost pulled ir off. I think we are looking at the emergence of a very, very good SA side. Also the SA back row are very good, a couple more games as a team and the unit will IMO be the best in the world.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:26 pm
World XV Player

Graham Roberts wrote:

Whilst I agree the SA defence and overall performance was excellent - they conceded 7 (SEVEN) penalties in or around the posts rather than let play run with a potential try on the cards; they conceded many more penallties generally and I believe that consistent offiside of this nature should be punishable by more than just penalties !? I'm just putting up a reasonable 'other perspective' here....

The AB's , as always, played to the last whistle and there were other aspects of their play eg set pieces where they had the avantage over the much vaunted boks in this respect. The also had significant territorial advantage.

An incredible game won by the best team because they scored more points and I think in the cold light of day you shouldn't consider it a cruel result ... it was naked rugby and a pleasure to watch !!

Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:54 pm

A great game of rugby,

Yet I'm concerned that the Henry - Hanson "flat" influence is taking the attack out of the AB's.

Bring 'em both on against us in Cardiff we'll stuff 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

:alien: :lol: :alien:

Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:20 pm
World XV Player

What did I see today.

A great game of rugby,

Yet I'm concerned that the Henry - Hanson "flat" influence is taking the attack out of the AB's.

Bring 'em both on against us in Cardiff we'll stuff 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Wupert
fair comment ref "flat" influence but I fear your optimism is "inflated"... :wink:

Their last movement (17 recycles (?)) and an incredible try suggest they have the talent with which to improvise ? Not that we havent either, of course !! :twisted:

Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:44 pm
World XV Player

To use a football analogy of "build from the back"

in rugby terms "build from the pack"?

With a well established rough and ready forwards platform established, Iam sure the All Blacks will be far more dangerous with their mercurial pack.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:47 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
My optimism is not just tougue in cheek Gwynt. Ive swallowed it .

I fear greatly for our team in the fall.

If we lose to both by less than 30 points we will have done well.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:43 pm
REF

Graham Roberts wrote:

I thought the Kiwis were made to look rather ordinary by a SA side that had worked out a first class defensive plan (until the last minute that is!?). I think the only thing that Hansen and Henry have brough tot eh side is a bit of self-belief, which has had a positive effect (results breed results). It worked with Wales for Henry (for a while) but he was then found wanting, SCW worked out what to do and did it often enough against Wales, once he's sussed NZ, he'll probably do the same to them.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:51 pm

Henry was not found wanting

It was Blackie in partnership with Henry that did the busines and got our good results.

Our gutter press and Mr E Butler forced Blackie out the rest speaks for itself.

Hanson is another sad story though.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:41 pm

If only Wales could become as ordinary as both of those teams today.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:44 pm
World XV Player

Just watched the whole game curtosy of Dave next door who taped it.

Good game to watch and too be honest most other refs would have binned at least 2 Boks players (probably the backrow) for killing the ball or persistant off side in their 22.

As for the Henry/Hanson debate, they havn't lost a game yet which includes 2 over the invincible English all concouring RWC winning juganught :lol:

I think the Autumn game will be a repeat of the RWC game, high scoring but a defeat for us none the less.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:52 pm

Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:59 pm
World XV Player

Evening fids, So you don't think Henry ----Hansen, will be gentle with us then???? Thought it a good game too, thought the back row of the SA very good, Playing the ref is a sign of a good play is it not fids?? I've just finished watching the second half as I missed it this morning, I believe the All Blacks got out of jail, Give these SA another season to gel and they will be the isde to beat me thinks. :wink:

Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:01 pm