It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 6:08 am

Johnny Wilkinson 
Site Admin

Post Johnny Wilkinson
According to today's Independent JW has been given the all clear to resume full contact training.

However, he is quoted as saying that he doesn't think he'll ever be back to his best. It would be a major problem for England if he was not to gain full fitness and say what you like about the guy, would be a sad end to a career.

I genuinely hope he regains full fitness, but has an off day each time he plays against Wales!!!! :lol: 8) :lol:

Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

Post Re: Johnny Wilkinson
Andrew S wrote:
According to today's Independent JW has been given the all clear to resume full contact training.

However, he is quoted as saying that he doesn't think he'll ever be back to his best. It would be a major problem for England if he was not to gain full fitness and say what you like about the guy, would be a sad end to a career.

I genuinely hope he regains full fitness, but has an off day each time he plays against Wales!!!! :lol: 8) :lol:

I think that the 'Wilkinson Injury' is an indictment of management treatment of players in the professional game. Wilkinson had suffered various shoulder/neck injuries in the season before the world cup and during the world cup itself. Winning the W cup was priority 1,2,3 and I believe in other times ie 'amateur' days or non World Cup showdown he would have had earlier convalescence and treatment.

I expect more of the same....

Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:46 pm
Site Admin

I think you are right in that assessment Terry. Quite shocking really that the career of one talented individual was potentially put at risk due to the reasons you outlined

Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:03 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

Peons and pawns in a rich mans game of chess or dungeons and dragons.

Internet Marketing Consultancy - SEO Agony Uncle

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I think they can do without him, Grayson's just as good a kicker and Barclay is well on the way.

The question woody has to ask himself is, "is johnny going to commit tot the tackle as he did or will he bottle it?"

I wish him all the best but I can't help feeling that he will be more of a target for the backrow because he has a dicky shoulder than ever.

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:23 pm
Site Admin

I do tend to agree with what you are saying Fids, but I think Grayson called it a day at International Level at the end of the Six Nations, but Berkely certainly looks a prospect.

The fact that JW, is worried about taking a hit or making a big tackle tends to support the view that he will not be the player he was.

Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:28 am
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player

I think they can do without him, Grayson's just as good a kicker and Barclay is well on the way.

The question woody has to ask himself is, "is johnny going to commit tot the tackle as he did or will he bottle it?"

I wish him all the best but I can't help feeling that he will be more of a target for the backrow because he has a dicky shoulder than ever.

Agree yr sentiments Fids...
PS...Graysons retired from intl rugby ...I think you meant Hodgson ?

Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:46 am
REF

At least Jinks' scoring record looks safer!

Twitter & Facebook

Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:44 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

fids wrote:

Agree yr sentiments Fids...
PS...Graysons retired from intl rugby ...I think you meant Hodgson ?

No just didn't know he'd retired :oops:

Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:20 pm
REF

Rollocks!!! Just remembered who the Dragons have got in the HC!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter & Facebook

Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:02 am
Profile E-mail WWW